Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japanese Earthquake and Tsunamai

I left Japan about two weeks ago and the recent destruction of parts of Northern and Central Japan just breaks my heart. I was only there for a week but in that time I have grown to love and deeply respect the country and cherished my time there. I have learned a great deal about Japanese resilience from my short time there having had the privilege of meeting local residents, and even ex-pats, and there is a strength of character that may not be persuasively depicted on TV (they're too busy endlessly looping the same thing over and over again) but I know in my heart they'll get through this. My deepest condolences to all the family members and loved ones who have lost their lives in this tragedy, and my prayers and thoughts to those who have survived and remained courageous in the face of this disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment